Saturday, August 28, 2010

fall

I have always always ALWAYS looked forward to fall. I love school supplies and fall fashion - which I'm sure surprises people that have only known me in recent years, the "don't-do-your-hair-and-wear-the-same-five-outfits-every-week" years, as some have started to call them. Anyone who knew me back in the day, though, knows that I fight a very powerful addiction to clothing and style. I once had a $4000 limit on my Express card. Calm down, I never maxed-it out or anything.

Where was I? Oh, yeah...
I was apprehensive about what would be popular this season, though. I haven't been fond of the weird baby doll shirts that make everyone look seven months pregnant and the jeans that make even thin people have a spare tire and plumber's crack. What's the deal with wanting to look as odd-shaped as possible?

And there are a few looks so far this fall that have made me cringe. I blame the return to the 80s and Lady GaGa. Been there, done that, wore it on the cover of the yearbook.

But there are some great looks that I am excited about. Anything that makes me think of Kate Hepburn, Ali McGraw and Lauren Bacall is most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment